✔ 100% Australian Made
✔ 100% Australian Owned & Operated
✔ 100% Australian Human Grade Meat
✔ Gluten Free
✔ NO Preservatives
✔ NO Colours
✔ NO Flavours
✔ NO Salt
✔ NO Sugar
✔ NO Glycerin
✔ NO Additives ‘Of Any Kind’
✔ IRRADIATION FREE
Pigs Ears (Natural/UnTreated)
Contrary to Popular Belief Pigs Ears can be a fantastic natural treat for healthy/active dogs, as long as they are fed in moderation (once a week is perfect).
The Benefits Of Treating Your Dog With Natural, Chemical Free, Australian, Human Grade Quality, Irradiation Free Pigs Ears:
1. PE are a naturally nutritious dog treat that contain a host of vitamins and minerals, including Vit B6 & 12, Iron, Calcium, Phosporous, Thiamin, Niacin, Riboflavin, Magnesium, Potassium & Zinc.
2. PE have an intense (naturally occurring) flavour that most dogs LOVE.
3. PE are a great treat option for Dogs who enjoy a crunchier, longer lasting chew.
4. PE help your dog to release happy/feel good endorphins (kind of like when us humans eat a cheeky piece of chocolate).
5. PE provide your dog with lots of mental stimulation and physical exercise.
6. PE are also a fantastic Boredom Buster.
Types Of Pigs Ears To AVOID!!!
- AVOID Smoked Pigs Ears. As there is mounting evidence to suggest that smoked foods (especially meats) are highly carcinogenic to both humans and our pets.
- AVOID Chemically Preserved &/or Flavoured Pigs Ears. Especially those containing Added Salt (which is extremely dangerous for dogs) or Any Artificial Preservatives, Colours, Flavours Or Toxic Fillers like Glycerine.
- AVOID ‘Cheap’ Imported Pigs Ears (Especially from China) As these are not only known for being Pre Washed in Highly Caustic/Toxic Chemicals to help kill off the dangerous levels of Bacteria like Salmonella, often found in Imported/Chinese Pigs Ears, but they are also ‘Irradiated’ before entering Australia.
- AVOID Loose Pigs Ears found in large tubs. As this is not only a good indication that they have been chemically washed, but being (unhygienically) exposed to the elements, airborne illness and repeated public handling, also significantly increases the likelihood of contamination.
How & When To Feed?
Due to the slightly higher fat content of Pigs Ears, compared to the other meat treats in our range, we recommend limiting treating your Dog with Pigs Ears to once a week.
- Due to the higher fat content, we would not recommend Pigs Ears for dogs who are overweight or have health problems, like dental disease, heart disease, pancreatitis or liver disease.
- ALWAYS ensure you supervise your dog while eating any chews and remove them, once they have been gnawed down to a size, small enough to swallow whole.